Both Aloe Vera and coconuts are synonymous with a healthy lifestyle. From drinking to eating to using them in your beauty products, these two ingredients are so nutrient-dense that it’s no wonder they are two of the fundamental ingredients used in Ayurvedic practice.
Aloe Vera contain a variety of vitamins, enzymes, minerals and healthy sugars that all collate to form antioxidants, that not only soothe the body but also drain harmful toxins from the body. When it is applied to the scalp, it has an ability to cool down the constant heat emanating from the head while also hindering any bacteria build-up on the skin.
Coconut oil has been used in ancient Indian Ayurvedic practice for thousands of years, especially as it’s a fruit native to the region. Its emollient nature helps to soften and nourish dry skin as well as sensitive skin. Its essential fatty acids help to hydrate the scalp as well as penetrate the skin so that older hairs become softer while newer hairs grow silky and smooth.
This DIY haircare recipe has been lovingly designed by You-create-Beauty. Whether you choose to use this haircare recipe for a long treatment or an instant boost, your hair will benefit from the abundant nutrients in fresh Aloe Vera and organic coconut oil. From the anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal nature of Aloe Vera to the essential fatty acids from the coconut, each hair follicle will become stronger while newer hairs will have robust roots to ensure their longevity.
Sweet, soothing, cooling
5cm slice of the stem from an organic Aloe Vera plant
(squeeze out the gel)
2tbsp of fractionated organic coconut oil
(coconut oil in liquid form)
– Cut the 5cm slice off the stem of an organic Aloe Vera plant.
– In a sterilised bowl, squeeze out the Aloe Vera gel and combine it with the organic fractionated coconut oil.
– Stir until the oil and gel are completely combined and you have a liquid consistency.
– Apply the mixture on to dry hair.
– The oil is most effective when it is applied to the scalp and the ends of the hair. For Pitta and Vata types, applying any oil on to the lengths of the hair weighs it down and can cause unnecessary breakage. These energy types have fine and sensitive hair, so the key is to strengthen the roots and ends using this oil.
– Keep the oil on for at least 30 minutes and either place an eco-friendly shower cap on top or ordinary eco-friendly cling film will do.
– If you experience any tingling sensation or discomfort, wash this oil out immediately.
– After the oil has had time to penetrate into the hair follicles, use lukewarm water and a gentle organic shampoo to wash it out. Due to the thick nature of the Aloe Vera, you may need to wash your hair twice or even three times to ensure the mixture has been completely removed.
– Do not be rigorous with your hair wash otherwise you will remove all the benefits and nutrients that the Aloe Vera and coconut oil have provided.
Shine, softness and thickness will be instantly obvious after using this DIY haircare recipe. It’s simple and effective and with just two ingredients you can get the best haircare without having to leave your home. It’s all-natural ingredients at a fraction of the cost and you know you have achieved this yourself.
By doing this fortnightly, your hair will be stronger and fuller. For Pitta and Vata types, hair loss, hair breakage and premature greying are constant, but with this hair oil you can alleviate these issues successfully.